Public Housing Renewal Program
All Victorians have a right to safe and secure housing; a place to call home. It is the foundation upon which strong, healthy and resilient communities are built.
The Public Housing Renewal Program will redevelop older public housing to provide new and more social housing in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. The $185 million program will provide vibrant communities that are safe, secure and modern.
Eleven public housing sites will be renewed in Stage One. This includes nine sites funded by the $185 million Public Housing Renewal Program:
- Ascot Vale estate
- New Street, Brighton
- Gronn Place, Brunswick West
- Noone Street, Clifton Hill
- Bills Street, Hawthorn
- Bell/Bardia and Tarakan estates, Heidelberg West
- Abbotsford Street, North Melbourne
- Walker Street, Northcote
- Bangs Street, Prahran
With a further two sites funded by the Director of Housing:
These redevelopments comprise 2.9 per cent of total public housing in Victoria and will create at least 1,800 new public housing homes. Each renewed site will have a mix of public, private and affordable housing.
- 1,800+NEW HOMES BUILT
- $185mINVESTED TO MAKE HOUSING SAFE, SECURE AND MODERN
- 200+ ADDITIONAL SOCIAL HOUSING
- 1,000+JOBS CREATED ANNUALLY
Programs Filter By :