Victoria’s COVIDSafe summer restrictions are in place to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and save lives. For the latest information visit the Coronavirus webpage
The Medically Supervised Injecting Room at North Richmond Community Health opened in July 2019.
The facility aims to reduce the high amount of Victorian drug overdose deaths.
A medically supervised injecting room is a place where people can inject drugs of dependence in a supervised health setting. It can also provide a gateway for people who inject drugs to access other health and social support services, including pathways to drug treatment and rehabilitation.
The Medically Supervised Injecting Room project provided more capacity for North Richmond Community Health to provide supervised injecting, counselling and treatment rooms, and more health and social support services.
- DESIGN COMPLETED MID 2018
- Constructions JUL 2018 STAGE 1 OPENED
- STAGE 2 CONSTRUCTION BEGAN SEP 2018
- Constructions MID 2019 STAGE 2 CONSTRUCTION COMPLETED
- STAGE 2 OPENED JUL 2019
- MID 2018 DESIGN COMPLETED
- JUL 2018 Constructions STAGE 1 OPENED
- SEP 2018 STAGE 2 CONSTRUCTION BEGAN
- MID 2019 Constructions STAGE 2 CONSTRUCTION COMPLETED
- JUL 2019 STAGE 2 OPENED
Last updated: 26 June 2020
Subscribe to our
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHHSBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHHSBA eNewsletter.
Join our online commmunity for regular news and project updates