Environmental sustainability strategy released
We’re proud to be leading the first environmental sustainability strategy for the Victorian public health system. Our strategy is a five-year commitment with three key strategic directions – sector leadership, environmental performance, and climate change planning – to further improve the environmental sustainability of our health system.
Where will we be in 2023? Over the next five years, we aim to:
- Source at least five per cent of hospital electricity use from on-site solar
- Reduce food waste and divert organics from landfill
- Build sustainable and climate resilient facilities
- Support best practice and innovation on sustainability in health
- Educate and inform organisational boards and executives on sustainability and climate change
- Voluntarily publish National Australian Built Environment Rating System ratings for hospitals.
How will we get there? Take a look at our strategy.