Meet the members of the New Footscray Hospital community consultative committee
The Victorian Government is pleased to announce that it has appointed a community consultative committee to support the development of the New Footscray Hospital.
The committee includes 13 community members who expressed their interest in working with the Victorian Health and Human Services Building Authority and Western Health to shape the future of the hospital.
Chaired by Katie Hall MP, Member for Footscray, the committee will meet on a monthly basis, with members selected across gender, age, interests and background to ensure a diverse representation.
The committee has been established to provide a forum for local community members to participate in the development of the new hospital through open dialogue and consultation.
“It is important that the community has a big say over the future of the New Footscray Hospital. We’re making sure locals and health experts tell us exactly what matters to them,” said Katie Hall MP.
“The New Footscray Hospital is a key investment into the future of this area and it is fantastic to see so many community members keen to work with us to ensure the new hospital meets the needs of the community for years to come.
“The community members will provide an important perspective in this vital role to deliver the highest standards in innovation and health services to the people of Melbourne’s west.”
The Victorian Government has committed up to $1.495 billion to deliver a new 504 bed Footscray Hospital on the corner of Geelong and Ballarat Roads in Footscray, next door to Victoria University’s Footscray Park campus. The new hospital is expected to open in 2025.
The members of the community consultative committee are:
- Katie Hall, MP for Footscray (Chair)
- Russell Harrison , CEO Western Health
- Christoper Turner, Director Corporate Services and Finance, cohealth
- Stephen Wall, CEO Maribyrnong City Council
- Jacqueline Watkins, Western Health's local Aboriginal representative
- Tina Skliros, Project Director, New Footscray Hospital Project, VHHSBA
- Jo D’Arbry, community member
- Geoff Dunstan, community member
- Siew Lan (Janice) Stielow, community member
- Nick Calafati, community member
- Rachael Ball, community member
- Ken Keogh, community member
- Khang Chiem, community member
- Elwyn Davies, community member
- Sara Coward, community member
- Sarah Roberts, community member
- Craig Rowley, community member
- Melissa Urie, community member
- Edith Pringle, community member.