Victoria’s COVIDSafe summer restrictions are in place to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and save lives. For the latest information visit the Coronavirus webpage
Mildura and the Northern Mallee residents help shape regional service plan
Thank you to over 470 Mildura and Northern Mallee community members who responded to our regional service plan survey.
The results from the survey, which closed in July 2020, will be incorporated into the broader Mildura and Northern Mallee Regional Service Plan report.
The report will inform what health care services may be needed in the Mildura and Northern Mallee region in the future.
Local community members who responded to the survey shared their experiences of local health services, including:
- the services they currently use
- the challenges faced when accessing services
- improvements that could enhance health care services in the future.
Respondents were asked to provide comments they felt would assist the planning of future healthcare services in their region. The key themes to emerge were:
- importance of mental health services in the region
- better access to GPs, particularly smaller towns outside the Mildura centre
- improved hospital services were asked for, including the emergency department
- consideration for whole of region requirements and forming cross-border interagency groups.
The community consultative committee also played a critical role in ensuring the voice of the community was heard. The committee was established to facilitate community involvement in the regional service planning process. Their local knowledge and community connections formed a valued and important part of the regional service planning process. We would like to thank them for their commitment, dedication and participation.
The Victorian Government has invested $1 million into the development of the Mildura and Northern Mallee Regional Service Plan. The Regional Service Plan report is being developed by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and is due to be completed in December 2020.
Learn more about the Mildura and Northern Mallee Regional Service Plan via our dedicated project page.
Last updated: 18 November 2020