Restrictions are in place to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and save lives. For the latest information visit the DHHS Coronavirus webpage.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted some VHHSBA projects. View new restrictions to construction sites.
Victorian health services to run new early parenting centres
Victorian health and family services providers have been appointed for seven new early parenting centres – part of the Victorian Government’s $123 million early parenting centres expansion and upgrade project.
The seven new centres will be built in Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Frankston, Casey, Wyndham and Whittlesea.
The project will also upgrade and expand facilities at existing centres in Footscray and Noble Park.
The centres will provide day-stays and longer residential stay programs to improve the health, wellbeing and developmental outcomes for children aged up to four years old. This will help more than 5,000 extra families each year.
The new and upgraded centres will play a critical role in ensuring parents are getting the advice and care they need. This includes support with sleep and settling, feeding and extra care for babies with additional needs.
New early parenting services
The following health and family services providers have been appointed for each new centre:
- Ballarat – Ballarat Health, in partnership with the Queen Elizabeth Centre
- Bendigo – Bendigo Health, in partnership with Tweddle Child and Family Health Service
- Casey – Monash Health, in partnership with the Queen Elizabeth Centre
- Frankston – Queen Elizabeth Centre
- Geelong – Barwon Health, in partnership with Tweddle Child and Family Health Service
- Whittlesea – Mercy Health (O’Connell Family Centre)
- Wyndham – Tweddle Child and Family Health Service.
Construction will be completed in two phases. Centres in Ballarat, Bendigo and Geelong will be completed by late 2022. Casey, Frankston, Whittlesea and Wyndham will be completed by 2024.
Existing early parenting services
Existing centres to be upgraded:
- Tweddle Child and Family Health Service in Footscray
- Queen Elizabeth Centre in Noble Park.
Learn more about the Early parenting centres expansion and upgrade via our dedicated program page.
Last updated: 09 October 2020
Subscribe to our
See other projects
in this area.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHHSBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHHSBA eNewsletter.
Join our online commmunity for regular news and project updates